Cracking the Code on Customer Loyalty
in a Digital World
Simon Watson, Executive Director, EY
Joanne Campbell, Senior Manager, EY Power And Utilities Customer Practice
Katie Jost, Senior Consultant, EY Advisory Services Practice
Mateen Alinaghi, Senior Consultant, EY Advisory Services Practice
Leaders in customer loyalty are succeeding by using strategies that balance customer satisfaction and engagement, product experience and brand reputation backed by customer behavior analytics that enable personalization and agile response to the market. Benchmarks are showing that focusing on customer satisfaction and experience is no longer enough and that customer loyalty and advocacy is needed to create sustainable and future value for utilities.
This session will share research that demonstrates how customers are looking for more from their energy providers and immerse participants in a design workshop showing how a combined view of service experience, product experience and reputation supports utilities as they define their solutions and operating model needs going forward.
Modules of this session will be interactive and provide participants with a pragmatic view of how to create customer-centric strategies grounded in understanding of their customers and their behaviors.
- Review of current customer loyalty insights from leading water, gas and electric utilities
- Deconstructing loyalty and advocacy measures – you already have all you need!
- A deep dive into customer behavior analysis
- Understanding how to measure and manage product profitability
- Defining key elements of brand reputation management
- Defining a comprehensive customer loyalty dashboard for your utility that works for your C-suite and your operations leaders
- How to bring it all together into an integrated customer strategy that delivers on customer experience and loyalty coupled with short and long term profitability
Participants will leave the session understanding how peer utilities are using customer-centric strategies to deliver on customer experience and loyalty targets and have process and steps in hand for leading their own organizations through this challenge.
- Understanding of current customer loyalty strategies and insights from leading water, gas and electric utilities
- Learn the foundational elements of loyalty and advocacy strategies and measures
- Learn what steps your organization can take now to complete customer behavior based analysis and how to translate it into strategies that build efficient and profitable customer relationships
- Learn how to measure product profitability and develop strategies to manage essential elements of customer lifetime value
- Assess and define key steps that your organization can take to improve how it manages brand reputation
- Learn the steps for creating a comprehensive customer loyalty strategy and dashboard for your utility that will resonate with your C-suite and your operations leaders
- Learn how to build an integrated customer strategy that delivers on customer experience and loyalty coupled with short and long term profitability
Who should attend:
- Senior management responsible for customer operations, growth and engagement
- Directors, general managers, and managers from customer care, contact center, digital channels, customer experience, IT supporting customer operations, marketing, branding
- Corporate communications and customer analytics practitioners in utilities