Understand the components of “Cloud” and bridge the communication gap as it pertains to the utility industry including active vendor participants who offer different options like SaaS vs. PaaS;
- Recognize the benefits and challenges of a SaaS “like” solution and its variations;
- Prepare for the SaaS transformation by understanding both the agile implementation of cloud deployment as it can be effectively applied (plus, what doesn’t work!) and appreciating the new roles required, including testing, that will shift the IT department’s focus to support the new system;
- Learn how SaaS impacts contractual requirements and how key components like Statement of Work, Service Level Agreements and the SaaS agreement will need to be well-covered by utilities and why;
- Appreciate how SaaS changes the organization at all levels: Management, IT and Operational; and
- See what ongoing operations utilizing SaaS look like, particularly the PMO, Training and Center of Excellence.
Who Should Attend?
This course will provide enlightenment and relevant information to utility professionals at every level: C-Level Executives, Middle Management, Front-line Managers, Supervisors