Expanding Excellence Award Introduces the Rising Star Award
The CS Week Rising Star Award is a category under the umbrella of the CS Week Expanding Excellence
It recognizes an emerging leader in utility customer service and/or supporting
information technology (IT) whose record reflects ongoing contributions to their company, exceptional
and/or accelerated growth and increased levels of leadership and responsibility. Successful nominees will
have not yet reached a senior-level position, but their track-record should reflect a strong potential for
appointment at the highest levels of the profession.
Awards will be made at the discretion of the CS Week Award Committee, which may choose to grant
one award, no award, or multiple awards in any one Conference year.
- Nominee must be a current, active employee of the utility/company/organization.
- Nominee must hold a position lower than the level of executive (president, senior vice president, or vice president) at the date of the nomination.
- Nominee may not have previously received this award.
- Nominations should be submitted with the nominee’s knowledge and permission. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to summarize the nominee’s achievements, accomplishments and growth in professional stature in sufficient detail to document why this nominee should be recognized as a “rising star” in the profession.
- All nominations must contain sufficient information to inform the evaluation and selection process without additional research by CS Week. Internal utility/company/organization magazines, newsletters, blogs, websites, press releases, etc. that identify the nominee and/or initiatives in which the nominee has played a strong role are examples of acceptable supplemental documentation.
- Nominations will not be accepted for or from:
- Current CS Week Board of Directors or Planning Committee members; however, nominations submitted by other employees from their respective utilities/companies/organizations are accepted. Product or service vendors.
- Nominee demonstrates consistent and respected leadership skills.
- Nominee provides guidance, demonstrative behaviors and a heart for customer service when interacting with the public and staff through executive colleagues.
- Nominee has contributed -- above and beyond the call of duty -- to the development, implementation and fostering of advances in departmental operations, creative and effective services and/or successful programs.
- Nominee goes above and beyond expectations by enhancing the internal/external customer service experience or through supporting IT through creative problem-solving.
- Nominee changes physical and/or attitudinal barriers beyond the scope of his/her job.
- Awardee must be present at CS Week to accept their award.
Application will become available September 13, 2019.
- Nominations must be received in writing on the attached CS Week Rising Star Award Nomination form. To ensure fair and consistent evaluation, please respect the suggested word limit for each answer.
- Please attach an electronic, high-resolution headshot of the nominee (jpeg format) to the Rising Star Award Nomination Form.
- Nominations must be received by CS Week staff by the annual due date. For the 2020 Conference, the due date is January 10, 2020. A 7 – 10 day extension may be granted with notice given.
- Nominations must be emailed or mailed to: Rachel White or mailed to CS Week, 2612 W. Lamberth Rd, Ste 300, Sherman, TX 75092-5183.
- CS Week will notify winner(s) of the CS Week Rising Star Award and their nominators by phone or email at least 45 days before the annual Conference to encourage/confirm Conference attendance.
- Winner(s) will be announced at CS Week Conference during General Sessions.
- Winner(s) will be featured in on-site Conference collateral and later through other marketing channels.
- For questions about this Award, please contact Rachel White, Expanding Excellence Awards Manager, by email (see above bullet #4) or at 903-821-8647.