Expanding Excellence Award Introduces the Distinguished Leader Award
The CS Week Distinguished Leader Award is a category under the umbrella of the CS Week Expanding
Excellence Awards venue.
It recognizes individuals whose contributions to the understanding of and/
or practice of effective leadership are singular, significant and have resulted in extraordinary impact in
leading their teams. Awardees must also have been active and supportive of CS Week in a noteworthy
way. Those who are bestowed the Distinguished Leadership Award serve as inspiring examples to all
who labor and dedicate themselves to making positive change in the utility industry.
Awards will be made at the discretion of the CS Week Award Committee, which may choose to grant
one award, no award or multiple awards in any one Conference year.
- Nominee must be a current, active employee of the utility/company/organization and may hold any position level (staff, supervisory, managerial, executive). Both office and field employees are eligible, if they work in some aspect of the customer experience lifecycle or its supporting information technology functions.
- Nominee may not have previously received this award.
- Nominations should be submitted with the nominee’s knowledge and permission. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to summarize the nominee’s achievements, accomplishments and impact on others in sufficient detail to document why this nominee should be recognized as a “distinguished leader” in the profession by CS Week.
- All nominations must contain sufficient information to inform the evaluation and selection process without additional research by CS Week. Internal utility/company/organization magazines, newsletters, blogs, websites, press releases, etc. that identify the nominee and/or initiatives in which the nominee has played a strong role are examples of acceptable supplemental documentation.
- Nominations will not be accepted for or from:
- Current CS Week Board of Directors or Planning Committee members; however, nominations submitted by other employees from their respective utilities/companies/organizations are accepted.
- Product or service vendors.
- Nominee demonstrates consistent, progressively more mature and respected leadership skills.
- The nominee has multiple specific examples that strengthen the nomination and specific references to involvement.
- The nominator provides at least one (1) testimonial (including contact information) from a person or organization that has worked closely with, or benefited from, the nominee’s leadership efforts. The testimonial may come from submitter of this nomination.
- Nominee demonstrates singular dedication, service, and leadership to the utility industry.
- Awardee must be present at CS Week to accept their award.
- Nominations must be received in writing on the attached CS Week Distinguished Leader Nomination Form. To ensure fair and consistent evaluation, please respect the suggested word limit for each answer.
- Please attach an electronic, high-resolution headshot of the nominee (jpeg format) to the Distinguished Leader Award Nomination Form.
- Nominations must be received by CS Week staff by the annual due date. For the 2019 Conference, the due date is January 10, 2020. A 7 – 10 day extension may be granted with notice given.
- Nominations must be emailed or mailed to: Rachel White or CS Week, 2612 W. Lamberth Rd, Ste 300, Sherman, TX 75092-5183.
- CS Week will notify winner(s) of the CS Week Distinguished Leader Award and their nominator(s) by phone or email at least 45 days before the annual Conference to encourage/confirm Conference attendance.
- Winner(s) will be announced at CS Week Conference during General Sessions.
- Winner(s) will be featured in on-site Conference collateral and later through other marketing channels.
- For questions about this Award, please contact Rachel White, Expanding Excellence Awards Manager, by email (see above bullet #4) or at 903-821-8647.
Fill out the Application HERE.